Monday, September 27, 2010

Sorry to ALL of my readers (ha!)

I really don't think anyone reads this which is why I didn't feel bad slacking off so much on the 30-day challenge thing!  Either way....I need to catch up!

Day 23 - a youtube video.  These always crack me up :) 

Day 24 - where I live.  Columbus, OH...except I'm in the 'burbs (and I love it). :)

Day 25 - your day, in great detail.  My day wasn't too interesting.  I woke up to a phone call telling me I would be subbing this afternoon for a 2nd grade teacher.  I had to use my heated seats for the first time today on the way to work (growl).  When I got to work, I did some prepping for the lessons I would be teaching.  I taught my lessons to my four groups of kiddos.  Lessons included reading (obviously!), working with magnet letters to make and break words, and working with onsets/rimes on dry erase boards.  After that I did some laminating and ran some copies and ate a quick lunch.  Then I subbed in 2nd grade.  The plans were easy (sort of annoying).  The kids played a new math game called 'Sweet Thirteen' for math and then went to special (music).  While they were at special, I prepped my lessons for tomorrow.  Afterward, we read James and the Giant Peach and illustrated what we thought the cloud-men would look like.  After the kids left for the day, I went back to my room to get a few things done and then went home.  Now I'm home blogging and waiting for the hubby to get home!  (I should probably be doing laundry.)

Day 26 - your week, in great detail.  I guess I'll start with a week ago today.  I taught every day except Wednesday because Wednesday we had a late start so I didn't see my kiddos.  I still had to go to meetings though.  I subbed 3 of the 5 days we had school.  Friday night we had some friends over to play cards and then went to a neighborhood bar which closed at midnight.  I guess that's what you get for going to a hole in the wall!  After that we went to another bar and watched some people try to sing karaoke...pretty entertaining!  Saturday we went to the OSU game (huge win)!  After that we came home for a bit and then went out to dinner with some friends at Max and Erma's.  Next we went out with friends to help celebrate a friend's promotion.  Sunday I slept in a little (I've been totally exhausted lately) and then made a few dips and headed up to my Dad's house for my Grandpa's 87th birthday party.  I ended up making pineapple salsa (they requested it) and chili cheese dip.  Both were pretty good but I'm not sure if I'll make the chili cheese dip again.  Sunday night I wrote my lesson plans for the week and watched the season premiere of Desperate Housewives and Family Guy - both good!  You already know what I did today!
 
Day 27 - my worst habit.  I think I have a lot of bad habits.  One thing I hate that I do is I start cleaning/organizing and then I get into an OCD mode where I feel like I need to throw a bunch of stuff out or re-organize EVERYTHING.  It ends up being very messy in the process and it drives me nuts.  (See my previous blog post!) 

No comments: