Sunday, October 3, 2010

Brrr....fall weather!

The weather has been freezing lately!  I'm in my house and I can't even warm up.  Part of that might be because my husband keeps the thermostat so low...haha.  I even sat by our fire for an hour (love it) but my toes are still numb!  This weather is definitely not for me.  Don't get me wrong, I like the "change of seasons" and all that jazz but I would be thrilled if this was our winter weather - the coldest it ever got!

Lots of doggie news updates.  Not anything special, but I have some pics :)
Last week they got a haircut so I took some before and after pics:



 I also found a good deal on doggie stairs over the weekend.  Usually I see these for sale around $39.99...sometimes a little cheaper, sometimes a lot more expensive.  We found a set at CVS for $14.99 and I also had a $3 off coupon!  Good deal!  (Note: I wouldn't recommend these steps to anyone with a heavy dog - they are very lightweight!)  Chip and Dixie can make it onto our bed but sometimes have some trouble since it's a little high.  I've had a sturdy pillow there for a while as an extra boost but this is perfect.  I think they're getting used to the steps already:

I finally bought another dresser for our bedroom.  We bought the whole bedroom set a while ago and Nick still had to store some clothes in the guest bedroom so I decided I should buy the other dresser before the store stopped carrying the set!  The picture below shows the new dresser and the stuff we had before (not my bedroom)!  We also have another "tall" dresser that isn't quite as tall.  I'm so glad our guest room can hopefully be used completely for guests now!  (Besides the closet...that's for my dresses!)

 Chip & Dixie loved playing in the box the new dresser came in:





Now time for the challenge....which will be over when I'm done with this post.  I can't say I'm disappointed!  It was a good way to get into blogging but it was starting to be annoying!


Day 28 - what's in my handbag/purse.  Too much to remember!  I'll try: gum, mints, Nivea chapstick, Burt's Bee's chapstick, lipstick, C.O. Bigelow lipgloss, eyeliner, blush, wallet, bobby pins, barrette, pen, work keys, phone, random business cards, coupons, compact mirror, ipod (only sometimes), camera, tampons, Aleve, allergy pills, hand sanitizer......I honestly can't remember what else.  I love bags but hate switching them out!

Day 29 - hopes,dreams and plans for the next 365 days.  Professional: I hope that I will create some good relationships with the staff in my building.  I also hope that I get a good evaluation (in October)!  I dream that I will be hired on FULL time for next school year.  I plan on working to my full potential every day so that the students get what they deserve!  I'm so thankful I love my job!  Personal: I hope that my marriage and our love will continue to grow and strengthen.  I dream that we will continue falling in love (it sounds cheesy but I really do love him that much)!  I plan on making a "bucket" list with Nick and trying to work on crossing some of the items off our list within the next year!  We agreed it would be really fun. :)

Day 30 - a dream for the future.  One of my dreams for the future is to be happy in my professional and personal lives.  I dream of being successful in my career and continuing to be a life-long learner.  I dream of having a loving family with two or more kids.  I can't wait to be a mom but I'm scared with how spoiled my children may be.  I need to learn to leave the spoiling to the grandparents!  I also dream of falling deeper in love with my husband each year.  Once again, corny but true.


I need to start our bucket list........I feel like I should get a special notebook for that.  I probably have one laying around somewhere.....

No comments: