Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Day 8: worth skipping!

Day 8 - a photo that makes you angry/sad.  I almost wanted to skip this day.  Why would I want to post something that makes me angry and/or sad?!  I want to think happy thoughts!  My picture is of Dixie after she had her "accident" last November.  Every time we let the dogs outside, they run to greet our neighbor's dog (a golden retriever).  This one time, she got too close and his head collided with Dixie's open mouth mid-bark.  Her two front teeth were pushed up and out of place and she had to have them surgically extracted.  It was AWFUL and I felt HORRIBLE.  Blood, a whimpering dog, a panicking me = a huge mess!  Nick was not home so I had to go to the emergency vet alone.  Unfortunately they don't do dental work so we had to wait until the next day to go to our regular vet....luckily they gave us some paid meds but they just made Dixie not like herself :/  Sorry to ramble...the picture is of Dixie after her surgery and definitely drugged up:

Thanks to our amazing vet, Dixie is doing great and has no problems eating or picking up toys and she even plays tug of war without those front teeth!  Here is a picture of her and her brother, Chip ...it was taken in July :)

No comments: