Saturday, March 12, 2011

St. Patrick's Day plans....

I haven't planned a TON for St. Patrick's Day yet, but I have a few ideas.  (All you gals who plan weeks in advance really stress me out!  But I still love you!)  Around where I live, the holiday books get checked out of the library WEEKS in advance and don't get returned until weeks after.  Luckily I snagged this new Eve Bunting book a few weeks ago and can't wait to use it to practice prediction with my third grade kiddos.
I swear I will figure out how to use Google Docs soon so you guys can "borrow" stuff I post....
For my K/1 kids, I'm using a book from Hubbard's Cupboard.  I use a lot of their printable sight word books so that my students can take the "keep books" home and practice fluency!  Next week I'm going to use Counting Shamrocks.  I printed the pocket chart pictures and made copies of the shamrock pictures.  Each student will choose a card from a green gift bag and write about their card on this reading response sheet.  PLEASE excuse my embarrassingly horrible art skills.  I only do it so the kids feel less pressured to be "perfect".  (HA!)

When I got to school yesterday, my mailbox was full of papers from firsties.  These students aren't even in my class but for some reason, they make me things all the time.  Melts my heart!  :)  Here are a few that brightened my day...
"Your the best techer I ever had in the world."
"Do you like me? What is your farit colors"  - Love the illustration on this one!

No comments: