Sunday, April 24, 2011

Lately in Room 46....

I don't have a ton of updates, but I wanted to share a few....

As far as Easter, I plan on doing a quick activity Monday since we had a short week last week.... I bought plastic eggs at Target in the dollar spot.  I'm going to put a small object in each egg and hide them around our classroom.  The students will have a quick "easter egg hunt".  After finding their egg, they will fill out this sheet (I'm so sorry I still don't use Google Docs....I need to upgrade my version of Word so I can save to pdf!):


One of my reading groups has been working on comparing and contrasting (in general).  We've compared books by the same author (pictured), characters in different books, different books in general, etc.  Here is an example we did recently:


We also have been working on adjectives.  For this activity, students chose an adjective out of a cup and had to create an interesting sentence along with a [matching] illustration.
Lastly, make sure to check out this awesome giveaway over at Teacher 2 Mom.  They're giving away a Phonics Dance CD (love that program)!!  Click the button below to check out their blog....
The Teacher Wife



1 comment:

LaNesha Tabb said...

GAH! that's awesome. thanks for sharing.

www.anotherdayinfirstgrade.blogspot.com