Saturday, April 30, 2011

Crafting and Baking!

A few days ago, I posed about the DIY jute balls (see my post here).  When at Michael's buying the materials, I couldn't find jute (or a worker to help me) anywhere!  All I could find was curly raffia and yarn.  I bought both but decided at home that the raffia was impossible to use for this project.  I used black yarn instead to match my decor.  I also used regular balloons instead of water balloons because they ended up being more of a sphere shape.  Here are some pictures from my project.  I wouldn't say it was a total success but also not a total fail.  What do you think?!
Step 1: Blow up balloons.
Dixie likes crafts, too!
Step 2: Soak yarn in "stiffy" fabric stiffener and wrap around balloons.

Step 3: Get your hubby (or a friend) to help while you wash your hands!

Step 4: Allow to dry on wax paper (make sure to turn sporadically for even drying).

Finished product! Some aren't as circular as others :/

Not awful, right?

In my cute tray from Marshalls!

We're going over to Nick's grandpa's house today so I decided to whip up a quick dessert.  For some reason I''ve been in the mood for cake so I decided to make these Funfetti Cake Cookies!  Who doesn't love Funfetti!?  These cookies were SO easy and quick to make!  I only changed one thing: I used Betty Crocker's Rainbow Chip icing instead (SO much better)! 




No comments: