Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A Pinteresting Post

Happy Wed-nes-day, everyone!  (Am I the only one who pronounces Wednesday like that when I am writing it out?)  Today I'm linking up (for the first time!) with Michelle at The Vintage Apple for..........










google


I'll start out with a few of my favorite classroom finds as of lately.


A (super cute) desktop file system for papers that need copied, filed, sent home, passed out, etc.  I have seen this idea done other ways but I like that this one doesn't take up much space but is still in my face enough to remind me!


An observation system with post-its!  I love this idea for writing workshop conferencing (or even guided reading groups).  I like to keep a notebook with a few pages dedicated to each student and you can easily just transfer the post-its to the larger notebook and use them for parent teacher conferences, report cards, and planning!


I love this idea for home or school!  I decided to use this idea for my classroom, but on a smaller scale.  Stay tuned later this week for my DIY project to spruce up my classroom library!  (Stay tuned??  Am I 80 years old talking about television programs?  Oh dear.....)


Love this idea!  Last year I had the same system set up but I used the plastic magazine boxes from the Target dollar spot.  My papers were always falling over and getting curled up.  This system will work much better and take up less room!  Not to mention I already have those containers....score!

Now for some non-teaching Pinterest finds!

Sweet potato fries.  I. am. obsessed.  Seriously, I can't get enough of these lately!  For my craving fix, I bought a bag of frozen fries but I'm planning on trying this homemade recipe soon!


I'm going to attempt a project like this with some bookshelves I have.  I wish my bookshelves were white or black, but they're "maple" finish.  I'm going to have to figure out what pattern I can use to convince myself I shouldn't buy new bookshelves :)


Homemade bird feeders!  This would be fun to do with your kiddos.  Me?  I just think it would look cute hanging in my backyard :)  I love watching the birds.  I'm an old lady like that.

Source: walmart.com via Emily on Pinterest

I need this ottoman for my family room.  I know this trend is a few years old but I love the storage this ottoman will give us!  Now I'm just trying to convince hubby.  He doesn't believe in redecorating.  I know, it's a sin.


How cute is this idea?  I already have these items sitting around (besides the flowers, which I could get from my garden).  Flip a wine glass (or martini/margarita) upside down and voila, cute centerpieces!  I like the idea of putting other things under the glasses, too.  Christmas bulbs, beads, etc. 

You can follow me at Pinterest here!

I hope everyone has a great Wednesday!

11 comments:

Ashley said...

I made sweet potato fries a little over a week ago and they were delish! you must try..got recipe from Gina's Skinny Recipes. Also, we have an ottoman just like that, except we dont have those little compartments ..which I love! and those wine glasses turned upside down? that idea is TOO CUTE!

Allie said...

Love all the ideas! You have got to be the coolest teacher ever!!! I got your email...I have no idea how to make it so I can get emails after comments...AHHHH! I get emails when someone leaves one on my blog but never when someone comments back to me on another blog, does that make sense! UGH! Sweet potatoe fries are so GOOD, I had them once with this awesome marshmellow dip (that I tried to recreate...FAIL) but yum let me know how it goes!! That is so crazy you lived in Worthington! I am so glad we have the same taste about living in the south haha! Ohio is a tad sucky!! Even though I cannot believe this HOT weather, I have been complaining that it's too hot, I swear I will never be happy! :) Hope your having a good week!!

Brunette & Blessed said...

I love these wine glasses! That is such a unique idea. Thanks for sharing

Katie said...

I love sweet potatoe anythingggg!! We have an ottoman like that but it opens up and we store blankets in it..but no compartments on top unfortunately! get one!

Brittney said...

Just paint your maple bookcase white or black! It's SUPER easy! You can do it! That way it'll be what you want and less expensive than buying a new one! =) Happy pinning!

Unknown said...

haha I totally pronounce in my head while I'm typing. teehee

Really great pins, you've inspired me to start an ed. board.

Bella Vida by Letty
Have a great day.

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Welcome to the Pinterest party!

Loving your pins! My ottoman kind of looks like the one you pinned :) And the last pic with the candles - super cute!

Ashley said...

great idea for the homemade bird feeders!

L said...

Love all your school related pins, you seem so organized! I also always do that same thing when writing Wednesday,funny! I have a small storage ottoman but your right those big ones are SO nice! :)

Lindsey said...

I say wed-nes-day when I write or type it too!!!! Its because were wives =)

Natasha in Oz said...

What a great selection of pins! I have pinned that last one too-isn't it a great idea!

If you have time on the weekend, please pop by my blog where I host a Pinning and Singing on the Weekend Linky Party. I'd really love it if you could join in!

Best wishes for a great week,
Natasha @ 5 Minutes Just for Me.