Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Happy 30th to my Hubby!

Nick and I have birthdays a week apart from each other....my birthday is July 14th, his is July 21st.  I already posted about a few things we did for my birthday here.  We had a wedding that we were both a part of in between our birthdays (you can read more about that wedding here) so we were a little busy for any crazy celebrations.  Either way, I wanted to make this birthday memorable for my hubby because it was his 30th!  Yep, hubby is 30 now.  I'm officially married to an old man!  ;)   I honestly don't tease him too much because I know he'll give it right back to me when my time comes!

Nick is really hard to buy for (aren't all guys?!) so I had a hard time coming up with ideas.  I finally settled on a pruner (believe it or not, he wanted this!) and a Keurig Coffee Maker.  He LOVES the Keurig.  He set it up immediately and already ordered a bunch of new flavors!  Do you have any favorite flavors to recommend?
Lucky for my hubby, his birthday fell during Columbus Restaurant Week this year!  We ended up going to Hyde Park and it was delicious....great service, too!  Here is a pic before we left for dinner:
I also made him some peanut butter brownies.  I used this recipe for peanut butter filling and swirled it into some box brownie mix and it tasted like Reese's brownies.  YUM!
On Friday night we went to a local bar to celebrate with some friends.  Sadly, I didn't take a single picture.  FAIL.

Saturday I set up a surprise day date for us.  We went to The Wilds in Cumberland, Ohio.  It was about 1.5 hours away from Columbus.  We've been there before for one of their safari tours, but this time we went to try out their new zipline course.  Nick was totally surprised and super excited when he found out what I had planned!  I would definitely recommend making this trip if you live within a few hours!  They have lodging if you're interested in staying overnight, too.  However, our guides did tell us that Hocking Hills Canopy Tours are just as good (minus all the animals) and much cheaper.  (Both courses were designed/built by the same company.)  I guess if you're on a budget, maybe try Hocking Hills.  We might do that during our trip down this fall!
Fashionable helmets! :)

40-50ft. up on one of the platforms.

1st zip of the day!  I did NOT volunteer to go first, haha!




4 comments:

Ashley said...

Hey girlie! I'v always wanted to zip line :) I was actually in the hocking hills this past weekend. We went camping. It started to rain - which sucked, but it was still a good time. We went canoeing too. Looks like you and hubs had a blast! :)

Yelena Starikova said...

Great Surprise!!! You guys look so happy together!

Im your new follower!

AllGlamThings

Brunette & Blessed said...

too cute! We went to the wilds last year...so fun!

Katie said...

I share a bday with your hubby! Happy belated to him! And yes, I agree, guys are so hard to buy for! But your trip to The Wilds looked amazing and so much fun!