Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Festive Cupcakes

For the 4th of July, I decided I wanted to bake something festive.  Last year I made pretzel rod sparklers (which were delish), but I wanted to try something new.

One of my favorite food blogs is The Girl Who Ate Everything.  I saw these rainbow cupcakes on her blog a long time ago and they caught my eye, but I never had a good reason to try the recipe...until now!  I decided to just do red, wihte, and blue instead of the rainbow.  I also adapted her recipe a bit.  Instead of sour cream (that scared me a bit), I used vanilla yogurt.  The cupcakes turned out moist, flavorful, and pretty!
Most of my ingredients (besides refrigerated stuff)

Adorable liners from the Target dollar spot!  (where else?!)

precisely measuring how I can divide this into thirds....

Batter is successfully divided and ready for coloring!

I used Duff's (Ace of Cakes) food coloring from Michael's...it worked GREAT!

Bake for about 20 minutes.....

Ta-da! 

Yum-a-licious!



Also, a reminder......I still haven't heard from my giveaway winner.  Please contact me by tonight so I don't have to choose another winner!
Edit: I never heard from winner #1 so I chose a new winner!


 

6 comments:

Katie said...

So impressive! They look yummy!

Mrs. Ruby said...

SOOO much fun! I'm sure if I tried those lil' cupcakes, they would turn out purple. So good job!!! ;)

Paula said...

How cute! Those cupcakes look amazing!

Brunette & Blessed said...

I did these same cupcakes and blogged about it today too! haha. Yours look way better than mine..bummed.

TiffanyClark said...

So cute! Pinterest is so great for ideas though it can be addicting but I've found so many ideas for my home and my classroom on there!

Lauren Morse said...

I love these cupcakes! I wish I had seen this idea before the Fourth. I'm a new follower.
Just Add Clipart