Wednesday, October 13, 2010

PINK!

So...tomorrow is "wear pink" day at work for Breast Cancer Awareness Month!  I honestly feel like I have nothing to wear.  I have a lot of coral but I'm not sure if that qualifies as pink?  I have one shirt that I'm considering but I feel kind of blah about it.....I've actually never worn it before.  The shirt is pictured below..it's the button-up.  I would probably wear it buttoned up maybe with a skinny belt over it???  I have no idea...clueless!! 

Other than my stress of finding an outfit to wear...I've been trying to get some things done around the house.  I still haven't finished my corkboard though!  I ran out of corks so I decided to put a frame in the middle but the frame I bought is just a tiny bit too big.  How annoying.  I think I need to buy something with almost no edge.  I did create a "monogram" to hang over our bed.  I really like how it turned out:

It's almost time for open enrollment for our insurance (or maybe the time is already here?!)...anyway, I was trying to figure out if I might need glasses.  I've been having trouble seeing some things that other people say they can see!  I wanted to get my eyes tested to see if I should get vision insurance but eye exams aren't exactly cheap.  Nick's solution was to become an instant optometrist.  He said up an eye chart like the one below and had me stand the correct distance from it to read the lines (he researched this online, ha)!  He had a tape measure out and everything, it cracked me up.


In case you were wondering, the chart felt SUPER far away!  Nick's diagnosis: I don't need glasses but my vision could be better.  I guess I can deal with that for now.

No comments: