Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Nursery Update #3!

I haven't done a nursery update in a LONG time.  I was waiting to figure out exactly what I wanted to do as far as wall decor and it took me a while, but I finally committed!  If you missed my before and after pictures from the first stage, check out my previous nursery update from February.  You can also check out the more recent nursery update from March.



One of the things that Nick insisted we get was some sort of growth chart.  I told him we won't be able to use it for a little while, but he REALLY wanted one.  I'm so glad we picked this super cute giraffe!  (Find it for sale here.)  You might also remember my DIY name art that I made a while ago from this post.  We hung it over the crib and I love how simple it is!

Here is a better picture of the giraffe.  It came with some grass to go under the giraffe but in order for the height measurements to be accurate, we couldn't use the grass. 

I also hung up some of the decorations from the lovely shower my girlfriends threw for me!  I think they look so cute in the room. 
Banner and Diaper Wreath can be purchased at my friend's Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ThatsSoCuteEtsyShop
As you can see in the picture above, our bookshelf had a decent amount of books.  Last week, my co-workers at my afternoon school threw me a book shower!  It was so great and I'll post pics as soon as I get them!  I got TONS of cute books and I can't wait to read with my little boy!  I also got a ton of great books from my family shower so the shelf is even more overflowing now! :)

My sis got me this super cute artwork for my shower.  (Sorry it's a little crooked in the matting.)  We're going to go shopping together to pick out some frames and then I plan on hanging one on each side of the window!  (Sorry about the mess in Carson's room...I have a balloon left over from my work shower and our Easter baskets in there!) 

Prints can be found on Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop/petitcollage
 As you saw above, we finally have our glider!  It's a little big for the space but I'm in LOVE with how comfortable it is!  Once we move it out of Carson's room, we can use it in a living area which will be so nice!  It's a glider/recliner and Chip and Dixie are in love!


I also finally finished the frame collage over Carson's dresser!  It took me forever to come up with a good design/layout!  I also had trouble deciding what to put in the frames.  The top left and bottom right are prints made by Anne Tavoletti.  You can find them here on art.com.  The rest of the prints are free printables I found on a wonderful blog called Sprik Space.  The top middle frame has Coldplay lyrics and the others are just cute phrases/quotes.  I plan to change out the free printables with pictures of Carson once we have some! :)  Keep checking back for a DIY post on this frame collage!


Just for fun, here is my lovely husband testing out our infant carrier with poor Chip and Dixie.  Dixie was a little too small, haha!

Chip is NOT amused!

Dixie was so content even though she could barely see!


6 comments:

Lindsey said...

Did you realize that the middle bottom frame "Where there is great love there are miracles" is the center frame in Foster's wall collage?

=)

Lindsey said...

but mine is in orange.

Tickled Pink Mandy said...

I love the puppy in the bjorn! Fabulous!! The room looks great!

Before Baby Lady said...

it looks so great! i especially love the art on the wall! my nephew's name is carson and he is the sweetest little boy ever!

Jess said...

Looks great! I love it! :)

Mandy said...

Everything looks great! I need to see it in person!!! :)