Tuesday, April 10, 2012

30 Before 30 Update!

I have been horrible in keeping up with my bucket list so I'm finally doing an update!  If you haven't checked out my bucket list, it's on my tabs or you can find it here.


1. Paint our master bedroom & bathroom.  My mom's birthday gift to me was to paint our master bedroom.  She knew I wanted it done, but didn't want to pay to have it done or do it myself.  (Lazy? Yes.)  She is a great painter and I love how it turned out!  I didn't want to feel TOO lazy so I decided to paint the master bathroom while she did the bedroom.  :)  Enjoy our before & afters:
Master Bath Before
Master Bedroom Before
Master Bedroom Before 2 (hubster helped with our plant ledge...haha!)
Master Bath after!  (Paint is "Autumn Fog" by Valspar)

Master Bedroom after!  I can't remember the paint color but I can get it for you if you want....

6. Get rid of antique dining room furniture. AND 7. Transform our dining room into a living room/playroom.  My husband's grandparents gave us this really ornate antique dining furniture when we moved into our house almost 7 years ago.  It was very nice so that we had something to fill the room, but we NEVER used it (except to store junk).  Once we decided to start our family, I wanted that room to have more of a purpose so I decided it should be a living/play room.  Our family didn't want the furniture back so they said we could consign it.  We used a local consignment shop and got a pretty penny for all 3 pieces!  (The chairs didn't match so I sold those to someone I work with for fairly cheap.)  Here is a picture of the furniture and a picture of our new playroom/living room (no wall decor yet...I'm indecisive)!


Paint color is "Arid Plains" by Valspar.
The only things I had to buy for the living room were the throw pillows and the ottoman!  The chairs were hand-me-downs from my mom and formerly in our loft.  The side table is from our family room and the curtains are from our bedroom.  I love moving things to other rooms to make it feel new again!  Like I said, very indecisive on the wall decor....

10. Start our family. <3 You can read more about it in this post.  Baby Carson is due May 24th and we are SO excited to be starting our family!  I feel so thankful and blessed and we can't wait to meet Carson!  Here is the latest picture we have of him (33w1d):



16. Take a family vacation.  This past October, we went to Hocking Hills with my family.  It was just a weekend trip but it was so fun and relaxing!  We went hiking, sat by the fire outside, relaxed in the hot tub (not me though since I was prego), made s'mores, played games, and had fun!  Here are a few pics from our trip...


18. Pay off my student loans.  This is still a work in progress BUT I did pay off more than half of my loans in the past year.  Thanks to working full-time (and sometimes 2 jobs) while in college, I didn't have a huge amount of loans to re-pay.  I'm happy to say that I could pay off my loans by summer if I wanted.  However, there is an early pay-off penalty (lame!) so I will continue to just make my monthly payments.  Also - I signed up for auto-pay so for every 4 (or 6?) payments, my interest rate decreases!  Very nice! :)

21. Complete a DIY project for our house.  With Carson on his way, I decided I would make something for his room.  I wanted it to be personal so I decided on name art.  You can find my little how-to tutorial here.  Here is a pic of the final product.  I'll do another nursery update soon so you can see where it's hanging in the room!


That's about it for now.  I'm hoping to cross off a lot more soon! 
Do you have a Bucket List? 


No comments: