Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Tasty Tuesday....a Valentine's Treat!

This post is about a week and a half past due, but I have a feeling you'll still appreciate what I'm about to share!  Make this for your Valentine!! <3

My friend Kelli invited us over to "watch the super bowl".  Translation: The boys watched the game in the basement while the girls hung out upstairs with snacks!


I agreed to bring a dessert (duh) and found something super yummy looking on Pinterest: Rolo Cake Mix Bars!

Lately, recipes with as little ingredients as possible are appealing to me.  Wait, who am I kidding?  Those kind of recipes are always what I'm looking to make!

Here is what you'll need.....

Rolo Cake Bar "Cookies"
1 box (18.25 oz.) cake mix (I used yellow but you can choose your flavor!)
5oz. evaporated milk
1/4 cup butter, melted
40 Rolo Candies, cut in half

*Preheat oven to 350°
-Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray
-Using an electric mixer, beat cake mix, evaporated milk, and butter until well blended.
-Divide the batter in half and press one half into the bottom of your greased pan.

-Stick in the oven for about 8-9 minutes.
-While the cake is baking, unwrap and chop your Rolos!


-Remove the first layer of cake from the oven and top with chopped Rolo candies.
-Drop remaining batter on top by the spoonful.

-Bake for about 20-25 minutes.
-Allow to cool, cut, and serve!

Here is one of my bars.  The batter on top didn't spread out as much as I wanted, but they were still pretty tasty!  Next time I might modify the recipe a bit to try to make the top layer more spread out....



No comments: