Thursday, February 17, 2011

TGIF....and some contests!

Ok, I know it's not really Friday but today is my "Friday"...no school tomorrow (or Monday)!  I'm so excited to have a long weekend to relax and (hopefully) get some things accomplished around the house!



The hubby and I are finally celebrating Valentine's Day tonight.....can't wait to see what he has planned!  Monday I came home to a bouquet of our wedding flowers and a card that I have saved for tonight.  My hubby can be so thoughtful sometimes! <3  I'm in the process of making these cookies for our belated Valentine's celebration.  They are currently cooling so I can fill them with frosting!



Today while going through my students' writing books, I found something that made me laugh.  I had one of my reading groups reading books from the Frog and Toad series.  In this case, the students had to write about the problem and solution in one of the stories and then illustrate what they wrote about.  This student wrote a thought bubble with "dammm!" when she meant to put "bammm!" (she has a reversal issue).  Cracked me up!


I found a new obsession.  My co-worker introduced this to me last night.  95% organic (and gluten free) chap stick!  (or should I say chap ball...haha)  Either way, she bought me one and I love it!  It's so moisturizing and smells/tastes amazing!  I have the flavor that is in this picture.  One word. YUM!  I might have to buy another flavor to keep in my purse (I kept the first one at school.)

There are a ton of giveaways going on in blogland right now!  Don't miss out on any of them!

Erica Bohrer is giving away her Reading Response Activity Sheet Book at her blog, Erica Bohrer's First Grade!  I know this book would be extremely useful for me since I work with kids in K-3 right now!  I love following her blog, she shares some great activities!

Also, there is another giveaway over at Fabulous in First.  In this contest, you are entering to win everything in Michelle's TPT store!!  What a deal!

I hope everyone has a great weekend.  I don't know about y'all (why do I feel so inclined to say that after reading so many southern blogs?!) but the weather here in Ohio is beautiful!  65° and sunny and I can hear birds chirping outside my window.  Ahhhh :)

No comments: