Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year, Blogland!

Today was the first day back to school (work) for what seems like a LONG time!  My last day was December 16th...that's crazy!  The kids were surprisingly good today and I was thankful because I'm trying to beat a bad cold!

What did everyone do for NYE?  We had a low key get together at our place with some of our best friends.  We played some card games, the boys played cornhole [in the basement], and we watched Dick Clark and Ryan Seacrest on TV.  Did anyone else think Dick Clark was going to retire?!

Usually I'm not too into watching the TV special until the ball drops, but this time we all watched while we sipped champagne.  Me and one of my best friends Kelli (also prego) were sipping on some tasty sparkling juice!

Hubby & I toasting for the New Year!

Some of the group :)


I also made a few snacks for my friends that came over...all of the recipes can be found on my pinterest page (follow me by clicking the link in my right sidebar)!

Peanut Butter Blossoms (I changed this recipe up a bit by putting the PB cookies into a mini muffin tin and then putting the kisses in upside down.)

Andes Mint Cookies

Easy Ranch Cheese Ball (I modified this recipe a bit from what was on my Pinterest.  I used 2cups of sharp cheddar shredded cheese along with a half cup of colby-jack.  I also used regular (fat free) ranch dressing instead of a dressing packet.  I don't care for pecans so I used walnuts instead!)...sorry, no pic, we dug in right away!

A friend of mine also brought these hilarious cake-pops she made.  They were pretty tasty and very cute, too!


 

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy New Year! It looks like you had a blast! =)
Jennifer
First Grade Blue SKies

Kristin said...

Very fun!!!! :)
A Teeny Tiny Teacher

Emily said...

Peanut Butter Blossoms look heavenly. My friend's mom used to make those all the time, and would put a holiday sprinkle in the middle of the reeses to make it a little more festive :)

xx Emily @ laughliveandshop.blogspot.com

Randi said...

Everything looks so yummy! I want to come to your parties! Happy New Years and congratulations!


Randi @ Teach It With Class

My TPT Store

My Facebook Page

Allie said...

Happy New Years hun! I am now hungry from looking at your pics, looks like you had a great night! That idea for the peanut butter kisses is cute, might steal it! :) I am so excited for what lies ahead for you this year! Xoxo

Katie said...

Aww that sounds like a fun NYE! And you look great! By the way, my husband and I just bought an Acura TL last night! I thought of you, haha! We are so excited!