Saturday, November 20, 2010

Slacker!

I haven't posted in 10 days.  I'm sorry!  I feel like every post must include pictures so if I sit down to post and I don't have any new pictures, I feel bad.  With that in mind, prepare yourself for a few pictures in this post! :)

I've been trying to bake different things that I've found on various food blogs.  My favorite is definitely The Girl Who Ate Everything.  I recently last posted about some "Buckeye"/Reese Bars that I made.  They turned out delicious!  My hubby is obsessed.  here is a picture of a cut bar.  (I'm still working on making my layers neat...it's hard!)

Today I made S'mores Bars.  I haven't tried them yet but they smell amazing!  They weren't too difficult to make but again - I need to work on my layering skills!  Step 1: one layer of homemade graham cracker cookies.  Step 2: one layer of HUGE Hershey bars!
Step 3: one layer of marshmallow "fluff" (this is hard to work with...SO sticky). 
Step 4: one more layer of homemade graham cracker cookies.  For this step, I decided to put the cookie dough on wax paper and then transfer it onto the fluff layer.  Otherwise it would have been a sticky mess!

Finished product:
 

As for school, last week was conference week and progress report week.  Let's just say I'm glad the week is over!  It feels great to have my report cards done.  Conferences went well but a lot of parents didn't choose to conference or didn't show up...what a bummer!  I finally got student pictures on their writing books - they LOVE it!
Every week we read a different read aloud and focus on a comprehension skill.  We read the same author for four weeks and compare his/her stories and discuss the author's writing style.  After the students hear the story, they vote on whether or not they would recommend that book to a friend.  After all of the students have voted, we graph our results and post them in the hallway.  Here are a couple pictures of our Reader Ratings voting bulletin board and the results in the hallway.

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend! 

No comments: