Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy (almost) Thanksgiving!

Today is our first Thanksgiving of this week.  Last week we went to the nursing home to have Thanksgiving with Nick's grandparents.  I was pleasantly surprised with how it turned out.  The nursing home had white tablecloths, lit candles, artificial flowers, wine, etc.  They even printed little menu cards so everyone could make their choices.  It was cute and I enjoyed spending time with the family.  They made a depressing place a little less depressing for a day.

Today we have Thanksgiving at my mom's and Nick's mom is coming as well.  I need to get to work on cooking/baking.  I'm making one side and one dessert...pretty simple hopefully!  I'm doing a broccoli cheese rice casserole for my side.  It's Nick's grandma's recipe. :)  For the dessert I'm doing S'mores bars again.  When I asked opinions on a few options, everyone voted on the S'mores bars!  Tomorrow we have 3 Thanksgivings.  Yes, THREE.  Stop 1: father-in-laws (Nick's grandpa will also be there).  Stop 2: My dad's where I will see my grandma and a few aunts/uncles.  Stop 3: Nick's uncle's where we will see my mother-in-law again.  I'm going to be exhausted but it will be nice to visit with family.  Oh, did I mention we have another gathering Friday?!  So much for time "off", haha!  I'm looking forward to visiting but not traveling all around Columbus.  Saturday we're going to the OSU/Michigan game!  I can't wait :)  I hope the temperature isn't sub-zero....

Speaking of Thanksgiving.  I am thankful for so many things.  I'm thankful for my wonderful husband.  I don't know where I'd be without him. <3  I'm thankful for my family..especially those I'm closest with.  I'm thankful for my doggies....they bring me happiness every day!  I'm thankful for our house which we have made into a home together.  I'm thankful for all of my friends.  I'm thankful to have a job that I absolutely love.  My job is so rewarding.  I'm thankful for so much more but I need to start cooking/baking/cleaning....not enough time to blog today :)

No comments: