Friday, May 4, 2012

Full Term!

I find it so weird to say I'm full term with this pregnancy!  At 37 weeks I only have 3 weeks until my due date!  I know I'm posting late again, I wanted to wait and see what happened at my 37 week appointment today!

According to the Bump, Carson is about the size of a Watermelon!  Check out my newest bump pics below and see if you agree! ;)  The growth estimates are getting to be a bigger span (18.9-20.9" and 6.2-9.2lbs).  I'm really curious how Carson is going to size up!  Baby Center tells me that Carson is about as long as a stalk of Swiss Chard




How far along? 37 weeks!!!
Total weight gain: Last week I was up 25lbs and now I'm up 26lbs. 
Maternity clothes?  Yes...almost went to get another Old Navy tank since it's been in the upper 80's here but I resisted...I'm just wearing the same stuff over and over...so fashionable!  (scroll down for my newest bump pic!)
Stretch marks? no
Sleep: Still lots of tossing and turning and waking up around 5am for a potty break almost every night.  After the 5am break (which is usually break #2) I can never fall back to sleep right away!  It also hurts when I'm rolling over...my stomach gets crampy!
Best moment this week: Probably getting the rest of Carson's things (we did registry completion shopping)!  We got his swing, rock'n'play, my breast pump (oh-so-exciting), and some of the smaller things we still needed.  I also did ALL of his laundry...even the new stuff that my MIL bought us after I had finished everything else, haha!  We also got the carseat bases installed...so fun :)
Miss Anything? Still missing having a nice glow from the sun!
Movement: A few weeks ago I noticed Carson hadn't been moving as much.  Silly me didn't even think to do kick counts (I wasn't sure if they were even the same at this point in the pregnancy).  Earlier this week (Tuesday?) I noticed Carson hadn't really moved much at all the whole day.  I mentioned this at my appointment this mornind and when Dr. G did the doppler, Carson's heart rate was only 120bpm (it's always been 140 or higher).  She seemed concerned and sent me over to do a NST right away (NST = non-stress test).  Basically it's a fetal monitor that monitors the baby's heart rate and contractions that the mommy may be having.  Apparently I had a few contractions (I had NO idea).  We had to wait for Carson's heart rate to "peak" aka get past 150ish 2 times within 10-15 minutes.  It took FOREVER.  Finally after we "passed" the test, we were sent home with orders to do kick counts.  I have to count to see if he kicks/moves 6 times within an hour and if he doesn't, I have to call the doc. 
Food cravings: ICE (does that count?!)  Throughout the whole pregnancy I've loved ice water but lately I want ice in EVERYTHING...juice, water, gatorade, anything!  haha, so weird and random.  One of my co-workers asked if I may have PICA, lol!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope!
Gender: Baby BOY Carson! <3
Labor Signs: No....I think I had a few contractions today but I honestly don't know (I feel so stupid saying that).  I know I had some at the doctor but I couldn't feel those!  Later in the afternoon I felt a really strong tightness and I felt like I couldn't get my body straight enough to make it feel not tight (does that make sense?)...my stomach felt hard but who knows.
Symptoms: I already typed out everything above but other than all that, I've still had some back pain...pretty severe the other day where it was hard to walk! 
Belly Button in or out? Halfie, haha!
Wedding rings on or off? On and not so loose...haha!  I think it's the hot weather.  I can still get them on and off but they're definitely snug.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy and ANXIOUS to meet this little boy of ours!
Looking forward to: Meeting my little man and hopefully feeling him kick more!  He's making mommy nervous!


Here is my bump at 37 weeks (36w6d)!


Here are a few pics Nick snapped in the backyard (I was sad that I wasn't able to get maternity pics).  I'm still hoping we can get a few pictures of us together before Carson's big arrival!  These were taken at 36w3d....
His first pair of shoes!

Hard to believe that ultrasound was about 6 months ago!!






2 comments:

Katie said...

Yay this is soo exciting! You seriously look so good! I can only hope to look that good one day :)

Tickled Pink Mandy said...

Congrats!! You look great!!!