Thursday, March 15, 2012

Cool as a Cucumber!

Is that the saying?  Nick always makes fun of me because I *always* mess up sayings.  Last week I was caught telling Chip & Dixie to "cool your horses"!  I still can't remember what I was trying to say.....I think it's "calm your horses" or "cool your jets"?!?!

This week, Carson is the size of a cucumber (or a large cabbage).  According to the Bump, Carson has the same estimated measurements as last week.  Baby Center tells me Carson is about 3lbs!  On Saturday I'll get to find out how accurate those guesstimates are because I'm getting my elective ultrasound!!!
I feel like a chopped up veggie is a little morbid-like since I'm comparing it to my baby boy BUT the other pics are too phallic for my liking........



How far along? 30 weeks down, 10 to go.  That's CRAZY!  I remember being only 10 weeks pregnant!
Total weight gain: I finally had another appointment and I'm up 17lbs!  Wowza. 
Maternity clothes? Yep.  I'm still wearing a good mix of maternity and non-maternity tops but my pants are definitely maternity (unless they're PJ's/lazy pants)!  (scroll down for my newest bump pic!)
Stretch marks? no
Sleep: It's been ok but I've been tossing and turning a LOT!
Best moment this week: I had a great doctor's appointment Monday and got to hear Carson's little heart beating steady at 140bpm (he kicked the doppler twice, hehe).  We also took our hospital tour on Wednesday night!  I know it may seem a bit early to some, but I wanted to make sure I got the tour in just in case anything happened!
Miss Anything? I'm still missing having a tan.  I may or may not have purchased some self-tanning lotion.  Let's hope I'm brave enough to try it out and I don't turn into an oompa-loompa!
Movement: I've started doing kick counts this week.  Dr. G said it wasn't necessary but if I wanted to, I could.  She suggested doing them 3x a day and counting 6 kicks/movements.  She said if it takes more than an hour to get 6 kicks, I should call the office.  So far it has taken about 5-10 minutes every time I try.  He's pretty active!  Oh, she also said to do it when you know he's active since he's starting to get on a schedule!
Food cravings: Still loving OREO treats!  I've yet to find the infamous birthday cake oreos though and it makes me sad!  I also love fruit still....oranges, applesauce, pears, etc.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope!
Gender: Baby BOY Carson!
Labor Signs: No
Symptoms:  This week has been pretty good!  My energy level has been decent and Dr. G showed me some stretches to help with my back pains.  She said if they don't help she would send me to physical therapy so I'm hoping they help!  So far, so good!
Belly Button in or out? I'm not so sure about this anymore! :(  I asked Nick and he said "it's still an innie...kind of".  Oh dear!  I'll say it's still an innie but it's halfway out.....??
Wedding rings on or off? Still on!  I had a panic attack the other day after I couldn't get them off but it was only because I had just taken a hot shower.  Now they're back to normal!
Happy or Moody most of the time: Still super happy!
Looking forward to: Our 3d ultrasound on Saturday and one of my best friend's baby showers on Sunday!!  It's going to be a FUN weekend :)

Now here is my latest bump shot!  I feel like I've really popped out a lot in this past week!
29w6d



4 comments:

Sarah said...

I totally feel you on the tan...and I may have bought some self-tanning mouse/foam stuff.... HA! :)

You look fabulous!!

Sarah said...

I totally feel you on the tan...and I may have bought some self-tanning mouse/foam stuff.... HA! :)

You look fabulous!!

Kelli Brenamen said...

You HAVE popped more this week (or since last time I saw you!) So cute!! Can't wait to see it in real life on Sunday!! :)))

Lindsey said...

You look SO cute. Sorry about your belly button, im sure its fine though! If it makes you feel any better the birthday cake oreos are DISGUSTING.... I mean absolutely gross. Justin's mom bought them and Justin, me, don, bev, debbie, joe and meg all tried them and we are hated them, threw them away even!

Be careful with the sunless tanning lotion, I am pretty sure that you arent supposed to use it when pregnant (unless there is a new or special safe one). I know this since we all know how tan I am ;) hahahahahahaha

Cant wait to see you sunday, wife!!!