Friday, October 21, 2011

Happy Friday!

 I am finally taking a minute to sit down and post because my friend Mandy texted me last night to remind me that I hadn't blogged in about 15 days.  Embarrassing!  I swear I have a good excuse..........soon enough :)  

I'm off work today (thank you Central Ohio Inservice)!  Our district allows you to take courses over the summer and then not be required to take them today so that is what I did so I slept in until about 8:45 (lame, I know) and now I'm relaxing.  We're headed to Hocking Hills this weekend with some family and I'm VERY excited for a weekend of relaxation and family fun!  Here is a pic of the lovely cabin we'll call home for the weekend:

 
 
 
1.   Nothing says fall like     caramel apples, apple cider, and visits to the pumpkin patch!  We visited a local farm and picked up the most perfect pumpkins we could find, hot apple cider, and a delicious caramel apple (covered with mini M&M's).  Yum!

2.   My favorite autumnal tradition is  going to the pumpkin patch (couldn't you tell?)  I can't wait until we have kids old enough to trick or treat, too!

3.  My favorite fall treat is  probably that caramel apple I mentioned in #1 even though I only have one a year.  Other than that I would say something with cinnamon.  I'm not a huge fan of pumpkin (go ahead, kill me), but I did try some pumpkin cream cheese cupcakes that were to die for!

4. Fall makes me think of    warm clothes and blankets    because    I'm the type of person who gets cold very easily so I always bundle up (and then cover myself up with multiple blankets when possible!  I'm definitely a summer girl and I'm craving some warm weather right about now!

5.  Autumn free form word association, go!    colorful leaves, warm boots, sweet cinnamon pumpkin candle (my current fav), chilly days, school days.

6.  My go-to outfit in the fall is    definitely skinny jeans, a sweater (or a shirt w/ cardi) and my tall gray boots.  Unfortunately, this won't work for work...boo!  At work I usually wear black or grey pants, and a cute warm top.  Lately I've been thinking I might need to take an extra sweater to work...yuck!

7.  My favorite fall holiday is (Halloween or Thanksgiving)    Thanksgiving!  I love eating comfort food and visiting with family that I don't get to see that often (and family that I do see often)!  I love Halloween too because of all the traditions that go along with it, but I can't say it's my favorite.

That's all for today, friends (that's my kindergarten language coming out)!  I will be posting some fun updates soon!  Head on over and link up with Lauren @ The Little Things We Do!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All this talk about caramel covered apples is making me want to run to the store and make some!! I would have to say that I fancy anything pumpkin during the fall, for sure!!

Allie said...

How was Hocking Hills?!!? We always talked about going and then pregnancy and kids got in the way! haha One place we did get away to was Landoll's castle, you should look into it! It was really neat!!!

Now I want caramel apples...thanks!!:)