Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Blogger 411 with lots-o-pics!

Becky over at From Mrs. to Mama is hosting this fun link-up! 


1. How long have you been blogging? And what got you started on blogging? Has your blog changed?
I started blogging almost 2 years ago (weird)!  I started my blog the first year I got a teaching job so I could save memories from my first year and also share ideas with other teachers.  My blog has changed from a mainly educational/teaching blog to a mommy blog!  I still plan on including stuff about school but right now it's the summer anyway!

2. Did you go to college? If so where, and what did you study?
I went to a small college in Columbus, Ohio called Ohio Dominican University.  I studied Early Childhood Education.  I have a Bachelor's of Science in Education and I also started graduate work there.  I am licensed to teach PreK-5 and also Reading K-12.

3. Where have you traveled?
Even though I love to travel, I'm not very well traveled because we end up visiting places we love over and over!  Here are some of our fav spots:
Caribbean (I think this was St. Lucia?)

our lake house in Michigan!

Fort Myers Beach, FL (we were engaged here!)

Hilton Head Island, SC...I'd live there in a heartbeat!

biking on the beach in Hilton Head!

Maui, HI on our honeymoon

Kauai, HI (honeymoon again)

Lake Michigan

Grand Canyon

Sedona, AZ

Hocking Hills in good, old Ohio!

4. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would buy?
It depends on how much we won.  I would either get new floors/counters at our house or buy a new house! 

5. What are your 3 biggest pet peeves?
one uppers, people who argue EVERYTHING and refuse to admit they're wrong, bad drivers
6. What is your favorite movie?
It's hard to pick just one.  I love sappy chick flicks like The Notebook but I also love comedies like Wedding Crashers!

7. What is your drink of choice; wine, beer, or liquor. Or Water, Soda, Tea?
If I'm drinking alcohol (which I haven't done in almost a year!) I like wine (red=cabernet sauvignon, white=moscato or riesling).  I also like hard cider (woodchuck and strongbow).  As far as what I'm drinking lately....ice water and lots of juice, I love juice!

8. What is something you enjoy to do when you have me time?
Read, catch up on my DVR, spend a day outside soaking up the sun (haven't been able to do that much at all this summer, it's too hot for little Carson!)

9. If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, which store would it be?
Target.  I freaking love that store, they have everything!  No joke, I'm there at least 3x a week.  Embarrassing?  Not at all!  I also love Amazon, so easy!

10. Share with us an embarrassing moment of your past? Or present.
Hmm, this is hard!  I'll have to get back to you all on that...maybe I can do a special post when I think of some embarrassing moments!

11. What day would you love to relive again?
The day Carson was born and our wedding day!
May 24, 2008

May 18, 2012

12. If your life was turned into a movie... what actor would play you?
Ask someone else, I'm awful with stuff like this!  I do, however, frequently hear songs on the radio and tell my husband "this will be in the movie about my life"!  As if they'll make one, ha!

13. What are the jobs you had in high school/college/the early years?
I worked at my aunt's dairy diner, a donut shop (Tim Hortons), and a tanning salon.  During college I worked at Tim Hortons corporate offices and also taught at a daycare center!

14. Show us a picture from high school or college.
College...complete with major red eye and flat abs (miss those)!

15. If you could travel anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go?
I'd probably go back to Hawaii or maybe Australia so I could snorkel in the Great Barrier Reef!

16. Show us the most current picture of you or you, or your family, or anything of meaning to you.

17. Where do you see your life 5 years from now?
Probably with another baby, possibly in a new house...that's about all I know for now!! 


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Target and Amazon are definitely the best!

Unknown said...

Such a cute baby! All your pictures from traveling makes me want to leave on vacation like yesterday! :)

Brittaney said...

Found your blog through the link up! What an adorable little baby you have! And in your most recent picture you look phenomenal for just having a baby. I love finding/reading blogs of other new moms. Can't wait to read more!

www.thekrazylife.com